BA Studio Art
The University of Mississippi’s Department of Art & Art History offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Art.
The BA degree in studio art introduces students to various media of of studio art, including ceramics, graphic design, imaging arts, painting, printmaking, and sculpture. It is a broad degree that provides an education that focuses on studio art and art history in the context of the liberal arts.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO MAJOR IN ART?
Art students visualize the world around us to create contemporary and conceptual works of art. The BA degree provides flexibility for combining the study of art with a minor field of study.
Courses You’ll Take
BA students complete 11 art courses and 3 art history courses.
- 2D Design
- Color Theory
- 3D Design
- Drawing I and II
- Digital Imaging
- 5 advanced art electives
WHY STUDY ART?
Art majors are creative thinkers who develop the fundamentals of design, learn how to promote their art, and become adept at new technologies within the field. They can analyze visual materials and communicate conceptual ideas – all skills that are highly desirable to employers.
For more information about our BA in Studio Art, check out our Academic Program Page!
- BA in Art – Studio Degree Checklist 2020–2021
- BA in Art – Studio Degree Checklist 2019–2020
- BA in Art – Studio Degree Checklist 2018–2019
- BA in Art – Studio Degree Checklist 2017–2018
- BA in Art – Studio Degree Checklist 2016–2017
- BA in Art – Studio Degree Checklist 2015–2016
- BA in Art – Studio Degree Checklist 2014–2015