How to Apply
Deadline for applying to The Department of Art Graduate Program is: February 1st, 2020.
There are two steps in the application process. The prospective student must apply fully to both The Department of Art and The Graduate School to be considered.
The Department of Art and Art History does NOT require the GRE for Admission
1. Please email the following items to the Graduate Coordinator in PDF format:
• Letter of Intent (Include a brief introduction, proposed area of study, semester/year to begin, and goals as a
• 20 Images (Save images in JPEG format, maximum dimensions of 2000 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. File sizes should be no larger than 2MB)
• Include a corresponding Image List with dimensions, medium, process and year.
• Contact information of 3 references, including; Name, phone, email. these may be from Academic or non-Academic sources.
• Artist’s Statement
• Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
• Unofficial Transcript
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org please include your last name and MFA Applicant in the subject box.
2. Please send the following items to The Graduate School:
• Online Application (along with $50 application fee)
• Official Transcript
The UM Graduate School
The Graduate House
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677
Use this link to estimate tuition costs.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact:
Professor of Art
Graduate Program Coordinator
The Department of Art & Art History also offers tours to prospective students any time throughout the semester.
Contact the office to arrange a meeting or tour of our facilities.