How to Apply
Deadline for applying to The Department of Art & Art History Graduate Program is February 1st, 2021.
There are two steps in the application process. The prospective student must apply fully to both The Department of Art & Art History and The Graduate School to be considered.
The Department of Art and Art History does NOT require the GRE for Admission
1. Please email the following items to the Graduate Coordinator, Professor Matt Long, in PDF format:
• Letter of Intent (include a brief introduction, proposed area of study, semester and year to begin the program, and goals as a graduate student).
• 20 Images (Save images in JPG format; maximum dimensions of 2000 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. File sizes should be no larger than 2MB).
• Include a corresponding Image List with dimensions, medium, process and year.
• Contact information of 3 references, including name, phone, adn email. These may be from Academic or non-Academic sources.
• Artist’s Statement
• Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
• Unofficial Transcript
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and “MFA Applicant” in the email line.
2. Please send the following items to The Graduate School:
• Online Application (along with $50 application fee)
• Official Transcript
The UM Graduate School
The Graduate House
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677
Use this link to estimate tuition costs.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact:
Professor of Art
Graduate Program Coordinator
The Department of Art & Art History also offers tours to prospective at students any time throughout the semester.
Contact the office to arrange a meeting or tour of our facilities.