University of Mississippi Digital Image Database
The Department of Art & Art History’s Visual Resource Center created the Digital Image Database (UMDID) initiative with the goal of creating a database containing images used for teaching art history. The results are a searchable FileMakerPro database containing JPG images for classroom projection.
The UMDID was launched to the web – UMDID.org – for easy access by students and faculty for lectures and research. This invaluable tool contains over 33,000 digital art history images from all different cultures, time periods, and civilizations throughout the ages. Each image is accompanied by relevant information regarding the artist, title, medium, date, etc.
Art & Art History Assessment Test
How to Write an Artist’s Statement
- Artist Statement for Artists
- A quick guide with samples of less successful and successful statements
- Links to resources for writing artists’ statements
- Advising Form
- Tutoring Resources and Help Sessions for Students
- Art students are encouraged to contact their instructor.
- Department of Art & Art History Undergraduate Handbook 2023-2024