Fall Visit Day and Junior Preview Day are designed to give prospective students and parents a chance to learn what The University of Mississippi is really like directly from faculty and currently enrolled students. Visit Days normally include campus tours, academic fairs, financial aid sessions, student-to-student panel discussion, and a residence hall open house.
During Fall Visit Day, students interested in art and art history are invited to visit the Department of Art and Art History. You will be able to meet our current students and faculty, tour our facilities, and participate in a review of your art portfolio or your writing, which will give you an opportunity to hone your portfolio and presentation for future reviews and application to our Art Merit competition in the winter.
Activities in the Department of Art and Art History include:
- Tours of our facilities, including art history, ceramics, digital photography, graphic design, letterpress, painting, printmaking, and sculpture.
- Meet our faculty and students
- Participation in a portfolio preparation session and review of a writing sample
Campus-wide Activities Include:
- Campus Tours
- Academic Majors Fair
- Student Activities Information
- Free Lunch in the Grove
- Residence Halls Open House
- Financial Aid and Scholarships Sessions
- Student and Parent Panel Discussions
- Free T-shirts (while supplies last)
- Musical Entertainment
Please visit https://admissions.olemiss.edu/ for more information and to schedule a campus visit.
The Department of Art & Art History also offers tours to prospective students any time throughout the semester.
Contact the office to arrange a meeting or tour of our facilities.
Unfortunately, due to impacts from COVID-19, the Department of Art & Art History is not open to visitors and the public at this time. There will be no scheduled tours of the facilities until further notice. We are sorry for this inconvenience and hope to have a virtual tour and more online resources available to you shortly.
You can call the Department of Art & Art History at 662-915-7193 or email at email@example.com for more information on our programs.