BFA Interview Process
BFA Interviews for Spring 2022
- Applications and multiple-page PDF of images are due by Monday, February 21, 2022.
- BFA Interviews will be held on Friday, February 25, 2022. (Time slots will be determined after registration.)
- Students must have completed 18 studio hours to be eligible for interviews.
- Students must have the approval of the head of the area for which they are applying.
- Fill out the online application and attach a PDF of your current, unofficial transcript (and transfer equivalency report, if applicable) through the provided application link.
- Document 10–20 examples of your artwork and create a multiple-page PDF from the digital files. Contact your area head concerning artwork selection and documentation support. The PDF should be uploaded to OneDrive no later than Monday, February 21, 2022. A link to upload will be provided to you upon application acceptance.
- From your curated artwork, create a slideshow of your images to share with the faculty for your interview presentation. This slideshow can be derived from your curated PDF, a PowerPoint, or related presentation software.
- You will be expected to give a 10-minute presentation at the beginning of your interview. Be prepared to answer questions from the faculty following your presentation.
- Interviews will be conducted via Zoom. You will be assigned a timeslot and Zoom meeting ID upon acceptance.
- If accepted into the program, the student will participate in BFA reviews each semester until the thesis semester. Grades in Department of Art & Art History courses of less than a “C” will not be counted toward this degree.
Detailed instructions and additional information about the BFA Interview process can be found through the application link!