BFA Interview Process
BFA Interviews for Spring 2021
- BFA Interviews are Friday afternoon, March 12th.
- Applications are due by Friday, March 5th by 5 PM.
- An application can be found here!
- Students must have completed 18 studio hours to be eligible for interviews.
- Students must have the approval of the head of the area for which they are applying.
- Fill out the digital application located on Google Drive. A PDF of your current, unofficial transcript (and transfer equivalency report, if applicable) will be a required upload when filling out your application.
- Document 10-20 examples of your artwork by photographing, scanning, or creating digital files. Contact your area head for artwork selection and documentation support. Gallery 130 is available for documenting your work March 7th – 11th.
- Create a slideshow of your images to share with the faculty during your interview presentation. This slideshow should also be converted to a PDF and uploaded to OneDrive no later than 8 am, Friday, March 12th. A link to upload will be provided to you on March 7th.
- You will be expected to give a 10-minute presentation at the beginning of your interview. Be prepared to answer questions from the faculty following your presentation.
- Interviews will be conducted via Zoom. You will be assigned an interview time and will be given a Zoom meeting ID.
- If granted entrance to the program, the student will participate in a BFA review each semester until enrolled in thesis. Grades in Department of Art & Art History courses of less than a “C” will not be counted toward this degree.