Facilities: Meek Hall
Meek Hall was built in 1959-1960 and originally housed the Family and Consumer Sciences Department and then later the Music department. The building was named for Elma Meek. As a student, “Miss Meek” submitted the name “Ole Miss” for the yearbook, which is now a sincere name used for the university.
In 2002, The Department of Art began the transitional move to Meek Hall from Old Chemistry and Bryant Hall. After an extensive restoration, Meek Hall now houses The Department of Art in it’s newly renovated facilities. Almost all of the Department’s facilities are located in Meek Hall in addition to Gallery 130, studios, offices, and lecture halls.
Meek Hall is located behind Student Health Services and is right off of Student Union Drive.
For more information and or directions, visit the campus map link:
View Larger Map